This salad is bursting with flavor and nutrients. It’s a slight upgrade to your typical Greek– chickpeas for protein, homemade lemon dressing for a zingy health kick. It can be whipped up easily and keeps for lunches throughout the week!
For the dressing-
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
For the salad-
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- One cucumber, sliced in thin quarters
- 1 bell pepper, cut in small bites
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
- Optional – 3 tbs feta (I use nonfat)
- Make dressing first. Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Onto the salad. Wash your veggies and rinse your chickpeas. Cut the veggies, throw in a bowl with chickpeas, sprinkle with feta (if you’re into dairy), and toss in a big bowl with your dressing in. Enjoy!
The dressing will keep for ~5 days in an airtight container in the fridge, and the salad should keep (undressed) up to 3 days.
What am I listening to as I make this? “Keeping Me Under” by Two Another
What if I want an easy lunch but not this one? Don’t worry, I won’t be offended. Here are some other great salad options:
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Check out this recipe on Instagram, below: