I dream of grilled peaches and ice cream all year long. They are the perfect summertime dessert combination, and super versatile. My dad and I have been making these every summer since I was in high school and only recently did it dawn on me I could make these inside on my grill pan even when I’m not at my dad’s (he’s the griller). Do not let another summer night go by without trying these!
- 1 peach
- Canola or avocado oil
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (~1/4 tsp per peach)
- Drizzle of honey (to taste- I don’t think they need much because of the natural sugars!)
- Vanilla ice cream or coconut sorbet (I’ll let you choose how many scoops you want :))
- Wash and pat dry your peach. Cut in half and remove the pit. Brush or spray both sides lightly with avocado or canola oil (you want an oil without a strong flavor).
- Heat up your grill or grill pan over medium. Spray with oil. Once hot, add the peach (cut side down) and let cook for 2-3 min (until grill marks appear). Flip and cook other side for one additional minute
- Remove from heat and put in a bowl or plate with ice cream. Sprinkle cinnamon on peach and drizzle honey over both the peach and ice cream. Enjoy!!
My favorite vanilla ice cream is Trader Joe’s French Vanilla Ice Cream. Highly recommend if you have not tried. If you want to go a non-traditional route, I’d suggest pairing your peaches with Talenti’s coconut gelato. Now, even if you’re not a huge coconut fan (such as myself— I’mv very hit or miss) I suggest trying it. It will knock your socks off! And if you have Amazon Prime it will 99% of the time be on sale for you at Whole Foods.
I think you could also do this in the oven if you didn’t have a grill or grill pan. I’d first try in a cast iron skillet or normal pan, but if that doesn’t work, try baking the peach (cut side down) and let me know how it turns out!!
What am I listening to as I make this? “Catahoula Man” by the Generationals
What if I want to make a dish using fresh fruit but not peaches? Don’t worry- I won’t be offended! Here are three other options across lunch, dinner, and dessert!
Frozen Chocolate Dipped Watermelon with Sea Salt
Frozen watermelon dunked in chocolate sprinkled with sea salt is your new summertime go-to. YOU ARE WELCOME.
Peach and Ricotta Summer Salad
A perfect summertime entertaining salad to delight as an appetizer or side.
Balsamic Chicken and Peaches with Rosemary Sweet Potatoes
Stop relegating peaches to pie and cold fruit snacks and try them for dinner in a balsamic glaze with chicken and sweet potatoes ASAP!
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes, poems, and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Sneak a peek below:
What about 3-4 recipes weekly with corresponding grocery lists weekly? Sign up for the Carmel Kama’aina weekly blast: