Any caprese fans out there? You may have noticed 3/4 of the ingredients in the title are the caprese staples. I was tempted to call this recipe “Corn Caprese” it “Caprese with Corn” but neither of those had the right rings to them. In any case, the flavors are different and this feels more like a hearty side salad than a caprese thanks to the spinach. I highly recommend serving with your favorite protein, or bringing to a dinner party! It’s a great, go-to special occasion salad.
Best for: A special occasion side salad to dazzle your guests or hostess.
Musical pairing: “Yellow Eyes” by Rayland Baxter
Serves 3-4 as a side salad.
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 1 lbs cherry or grape tomatoes
- 8 oz mozzarella balls
- 1 tsp oil oil
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced basil
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika (preferably smoked)
Total time: 20 minutes.
- Start with the corn. Put oil in a plate or flat bottomed dish dish. Roll corn in oil. Over a grill or grill pan, grill on each side for roughly 10 minutes total, frequently turning.
- Next, cut the corn off cob into a large bowl. Slice the tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella in half and add to bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix, and serve. Done! (I know- so easy!)