Do you ever have too much of an herb left over? Me too. Time to put them to good use. I also had an excess of lemons (I know, is there such thing?) so I decided to put two and two together into a dressing. I’ll admit, my expectations were mediocre at best … and this recipe blew them out of the water!It’s quick, easy, and makes a shockingly vibrant and flavorful dressing.
Best For- A flavorful dressing to brighten up even the saddest of salads.
Musical Pairing – “This Life” by Vampire Weekend
Makes 5-6 servings.
- 2 small lemons, squeezed (~1 tbs juice)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Total time – 5 min
- Put all ingredients in your choice of blender (I used an immersion blender- a normal blender or magic bullet would also work) and blend together until relatively uniform. We’re looking for minimal basil chunks (see photo for reference). You’re done!
- Enjoy for up to a week in the fridge.
- Also— not a step, but please wash and dry your basil. You don’t know where it’s been since the ground and your tummy and immune system will thank you!