There is a time for an elaborate salad, and a time when you simply do not have time, need greens, now, and it’s either going to be an exceptionally easy salad or a bag of Trader Joe’s pretzel thins for lunch.
Just me? I probably had you there with me till the last part. This recipe was born at 2PM in between conference calls in 10 minutes– 9.5 of which my dog, Bella, stood at my feet eagerly awaiting me to slip up and drop her a morsel.
Ready to try this Bella approved-salad yourself?
- 1 small chicken breast
- Paprika, salt, garlic powder, and pepper
- 2 handfuls of greens
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- Small handful of dried cranberries
- 1/8th of a red onion, diced
- 1/4 of an avocado
- Dressing (I did olive oil and vinegar)
- Heat up a grill pan or sauté pan. While heating, season chicken with a generous sprinkle of paprika on both sides, then salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Rub in.
- Once pan is hot, add the chicken. Let it sizzle for about ~5 min on high on each side (will vary by thickness). Remove from heat once cooked through.
- In the meantime, dice onion, and cube avocado. Cut tomatoes in half. Add to a bowl with your greens and dried cranberries.
- Add chicken once done, dress, and dig in!