I’m not going to sugar coat this one. These are by far my favorite thing I have ever made. I recognize the audacity of that claim given how much a cook, but it’s a rare moment I create something completely novel, healthy, and fun. These almond butter French toast dunkers are easy, (relatively) healthy and they can be all yours this weekend!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 4 slices bread (I used @daveskillerbread)
- 2 tbs almond butter (1 tbs per slice)
- 1/2 tbs butter
- Topping ideas- maple syrup, brown sugar, fruit (optional)
- Whisk your eggs, milk, cinnamon, honey, and nutmeg in a shallow dish.
- Spread the almond butter on 2 slices of bread, then put another piece of bread on each. Dunk these almond butter sandwiches in the egg mixture (do both sides).
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium head. Spread with 1/2 tbs butter (could sub for oil), then cook your toast for 2-3 min per side.