I think of this salad as going to the spa for your insides. Whether it’s a long weekend, long work day, long Netflix binge session– this salad can reverse it!
Chickpeas, veggies, quinoa, and lemon to give you an immunity boost. The veggies can really be swapped out for whatever you have on hand!
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cups chicken or veggie broth – optional
- 1/3 cup raw chickpeas (canned)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- Handful of carrots (chopped)
- 1/2 bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 heaping handfuls of greens
- Balsamic & olive oil (salad dressing)
- 1/2 lemon – optional
- If you don’t have quinoa/ rice made- cook quinoa according to package but substitute chicken or veggie broth for water.
- While cooking, chop all your veggies and prepare the rest of the plate. I like to squeeze half a lemon and sprinkle salt and pepper on my chickpeas.
- Add a scoop of quinoa once done and save the rest for salads and bowls later in the week. Enjoy and detoxify!