Do you know the phrase, “Everything but the kitchen sink”? That is how I would describe the genesis of this dressing. I have a bad habit of excitedly buying fresh herbs my recipes call for, using them once in said recipe, and promptly forgetting about them in the bottom drawer of our refrigerator until they’re on their last legs.
Enter: this dressing. I took the fresh herbs I had on hand (this time, cilantro) and the garlic, olive oil, and vinegar I always have in the cupboard. Then I threw in a lemon for good measure. Something tells me you have most of those at home too!
Best for: when you made a recipe that called for fresh herbs … but you still have those fresh herbs a week later
1. 1 cup cilantro leaves picked off stem, densely packed (note: I used cilantro. I think this would work well with mint, parsley, etc.)
2. 1/4 cup olive oil
3. 1 tbs apple cider vinegar (white vinegar would work as well)
4. 1 small lemon, juiced
5. I clove of garlic, minced
Optional #6 – pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Makes 3-4 servings.
- Do your prep: pick the cilantro off the stem, juice the lemon, and mince the garlic
- Put all the ingredients in your blender (I used a NutriBullet). Blend till one color green.