I don’t know where in my 25 years Brussels sprouts went from firmly in the “eat your vegetables” category to a menu must-have at every trendy restaurant — but the pendulum has firmly swung to the latter.
I’ve tried many Brussels sprout recipes over the years, and I think this may be by far the easiest and best to have “in hand.” There are more elaborate recipes, but few that pack the same wow factor in under 30 minutes.
Pair these with your favorite protein, on a bowl, or mentally save these for when you need a Friendsgiving side in a pinch.
BEST FOR: Winning over a friend who claims not to like Brussels sprouts with minimum effort in less than 30 minutes.
1. 1 lbs Brussels sprouts, washed and halved
2. 2 tbs olive or sesame oil
3. 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
4. 2 tbs white miso paste (note – if you do not have this, it’s stocked at most Safeways)
5. 1 tsp honey
Optional #6 – a sprinkle of Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend (or salt, pepper, and sesame seeds)
Makes 2-4 servings depending on size.
- Do your prep: pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and wash and halve Brussels sprouts. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, then spray with oil.
- Mix oil, vinegar, honey, and miso in a small bowl using a small whisk or fork.
- In a large bowl, combine halved Brussels sprouts with miso dressing. Then, pour onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the Brussels are beginning to brown. Then, if you want a little extra crisp factor, broil on high for 3 minutes. Remove from oven
- Optional- garnish with your preferred seasoning