For so many reasons, we should treat every day like it’s Earth Day. At the very bottom of that list, is this Earth Day Salad. Full of greens, broccoli, roasted squash, grilled chicken, and dried cranberries, it’s a great way to celebrate all the nutrients the Earth has to offer AND an easy weekday lunch to work into your rotation for any day!
- 2 handfuls of preferred greens
- 1 handful of raw broccoli
- 1/4 delicata squash, cut in quarter moons*
- 1 tsp dried or fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries or other fruit
- Salt & pepper
- Oil/ oil spray
- Preferred dressing
* I cooked my whole squash to save for later!
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut delicata squash, then put on lined baking sheet. Spray or drizzle with oil then rosemary. Bake for 25 min, flipping halfway through
- Rub chicken breast with salt, pepper, and paprika on both sides. Cook in small skillet or grill pan (stab with fork if cannot tell when done).
- Put greens, broccoli, and cranberries in salad bowl. Top with squash and chicken once finished. Dress with your preferred dressing – I did olive oil and vinegar since I was in a time pinch!
Note: This salad is highly customizable – if you’re not a raw broccoli fan, roast it with the squash. If you want to make it more filling – add rice or sweet potato!
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Check out this recipe on Instagram, below: