What’s in a name? This one encourages me to be the type of Monday person I’d like to be. Welcoming Monday as an opportunity to kick start and supersize the rest of my week. I actually laughed as I typed that. Full disclosure, I’m taking multiple angles to try to mind warp myself into becoming this person. I also use a mug every Monday that says “Little Miss F**king Sunshine,” but my self-induced mug therapy is a convo for another day.
Back to this salad. Why is it a Monday Meal Prep Salad? Because in making this, you’ll end up prepping ingredients you can toss into future bowls, salads, and plates all week.
How? After roasting butternut squash and brussels, making a batch of quinoa and hard boiled eggs, and creating a homemade dressing… voila! You’ve meal prepped for the week.
For the veggies-
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tsp cinnamon (for squash)
- 1 tsp nutmeg (for squash)
- 2 tsp garlic powder (1 tsp per veg)
- Salt & pepper
For the add ins-
- 1 serving quinoa (cook by package)
- 1 hardboiled egg (directions below)
- 3 handful greens
For the dressing-
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- A small lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- A dash of agave
Note: this dressing is for one serving. If you’re meal prepping, multiply the ingredients by number of desired servings.
- Preheat oven to 400F and prep your squash and brussels. Put squash on oiled and lined baking sheet with cinnamon, nutmeg, and garlic powder. Cook for 15 min then add brussels. Remove after 30.
- While veggies roast, get two pots. Prepare quinoa according to package in one and make your egg(s) in another. For egg- bring water to boil, add egg, and cook for 7 min. Run under cold water immediately.
- Finally, make dressing- add all ingredients to a dish and whisk with fork.
- Remove veggies and add one third of them to 3 handfuls of greens. Scoop on 3 spoons of quinoa, and top with egg and dressing.
- Save remaining quinoa and veggies for bowls all week- would go great with chicken, salmon, shrimp, etc!