Move over Chrissy Teigan’s Spicy Miso Pasta – there’s a new East-meets-West pasta in town: maple soy tahini noodles with bok choy, mushrooms, and prawns.
For the dressing-
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs warm water
Makes extra- the goal is for you to use all week in additional recipes 🙂
For the rest-
- 1 package soba noodles
- 1 baby bok choy (or 1/2 full size)
- 2 handfuls small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs avocado / cooking oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 10 shrimp
- Cook soba noodles according to package. Defrost shrimp (if using frozen).
- While cooking, whisk all dressing ingredients in bowl with fork. Set aside.
- Prep veggies. Slice bok choy in ribbons, thinly slice mushrooms, and mince garlic.
- Heat garlic in large pan/ pot with cooking oil, then add veggies. Cook for a few minutes then add soy to sizzle. Add shrimp when almost done (should only cook for a few min so don’t shrink).
- Add 1/2 finished noodles into veggies and shrimp. Stir in 1/3 of your dressing and enjoy! You’ll use the rest of the dressing and noodles later in the week so put in airtight tupperwares
Also bless you Chrissy Teigan. On the off chance you read this I hope you laugh. We are all but mortals- nobody could move over for you.
What am I listening to as I make this? “Reach out of the Darkness” by Friend & Lover
What can I learn while I make this? What tahini is! It’s a staple of Mediterranean cuisine that you probably didn’t realize you’ve been eating (hello hummus). Hummus aside, this toasted sesame condiment is a great addition to a variety of sauces and dishes. I buy mine at Trader Joe’s and throw it in everything!
What if I want pasta but not this one? Don’t worry, I won’t be offended. Check out these:
What should I make with the rest of my maple soy tahini sauce? I have just the recipes for you!
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes, poems, and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Sneak a peek below: