I learned two key lessons from Thanksgiving 2020. One, there’s something about roasted carrots with the combo of lemon, tahini, and Greek yogurt that makes magic happen in the most unexpected ways. I know, it’s an unexpected combo, but my friends I promise you as weird as it may sound to you, it’s incredible. And the second lesson? Putting a sauce under something rather than on top of it can make any dish seem infinitely fancier immediately. You can 100% quote me on that.
(Serves 4 | Total time: 30 minutes)
- 16oz petite multicolored carrots (I buy mine pre-trimmed at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 4 springs fresh thyme, divided
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix olive oil, honey, and leaves from 3 sprigs fresh thyme in a bowl. Add carrots and toss.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes, or until carrots start to slightly wrinkle and brown (SLIGHTLY being the key word).
- Meanwhile, mix Greek yogurt, tahini, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Spread tahini yogurt mixture on serving plate. When carrots are done, add on top, then sprinkle the leaves of your last sprig of thyme. Best enjoyed right away when carrots are hot!
I’m not sure how many of you out there are devout Trader Joe’s shoppers like myself, but few things give me as much joy as recipes I can source solely from Trader Joe’s. This is one of them!
What else do I possibly do with my tahini? Don’t worry, I’m weirdly obsessed with cooking with tahini. Probably because I make hummus so much and have an aversion to buying things for only one dish. Try these out:
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Check out this recipe on Instagram, below: