I am a huge creature of habit. I find comfort in routines and to do lists. Why not let Carmel Kama’aina feel the same? Therefore “the Monday Reset” will now be a thing. Starting with one broccoli & brussels slaw with creamy lemon dressing, dried cranberries, and walnuts… coming right up!
For the sweet and creamy lemon dressing–
- 3 tbs nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest (this was an 1/8 of my lemon)
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs avocado oil (or olive)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbs chopped shallot (this was one shallot sliver for me)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon
Makes 2/3 cup
For the Slaw–
- 1/2 bag Trader Joe’s shaved brussels sprouts
- 1/2 bag Trader Joe’s organic broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (I had cranberries)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I had walnuts)
- Optional – parmesan for sprinkling
Serves 2 as an entree salad
- Make dressing first. Blend (or whisk with fork) all ingredients on low till combined.
- Throw all slaw ingredients in a big bowl, top with dressing, and you’re done!!
- Note- Greek yogurt has protein, but if you want an extra oomf I think this would be great with smoked salmon or grilled chicken or shrimp!
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Check out this recipe on Instagram, below: